NV-500 - Industrial VDSL2 LAN extender
The NV-500 is our industrial LAN extension solution using the G.993.2 VDSL2 standard technology and providing up to 100Mbps symmetric put using only a single copper wire pair that provides stable and reliable Ethernet transmission. Housed in metal DIN rail enclosures, these extenders are designed for harsh environments, such as industrial networking, intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and are also suitable for many military and utility market applications where environmental conditions exceed commercial product specifications. Wide operating temperature range models (-20 to 70°C) fulfill the special needs of industrial automation applications.
The NV-500 supports both central office (CO) and customer-premises equipment (CPE) modes selectable through DIP Switch. Customers can do the configuration for different needs adjustment. PIN1 ON of DIP Switch is CO side, PIN1 OFF of DIP Switch is CPE side
Interleave delay support
Interleave delay function is used in digital data transmission technology to protect the transmission against noise issue and data error.
If during transit more than a certain amount of data has been lost then the data cannot be correctly decoded. Short bursts of noise on the line can cause these data packets to become corrupt and the bridge has to re-request data which in turn can slow down the overall rate at which data is transmitted.
Interleaving is a method of taking data packets, chopping them up into smaller bits and then rearranging them so that
once contiguous data is now spaced further apart into a non continuous stream. Data packets are re-assembled by your lan extender.
The NV-500 may be installed on any level surface (e.g. a table or shelf or rail) that use bracket or DIN rail plate. NV-500 supports plug-and-play installation and is fully compatible with all kinds of network protocols. Furthermore, user can watch the status of each individual port via the LED indicators.
Automatic Bandwidth detection
The NV-500 supports band profile 17a and 30a, it can automatically detect the cable length and bandwidth depending on the distance to the configuration. The maximum bandwidth is symmetric bandwidth of 100Mbps / 0.3 km.
About harsh environment applications
The NV-600AI can used in the harsh environment, such as -20°C ~ 70°C (-4°F ~ 158°F), and metal case compliant with the IP-30 design. The design of the IP-30 can prevent the invasion of small stones within the NV-600AI.
• Supports high bandwidth up to 100Mbps symmetric over Line ports
• Supports long reach mode up to 3 km with 24 gauge phone wire
• Support auto speed for Line port and Interleave mode selectable through CO side DIP switch
• DIP switch with CO and CPE mode selectable
• Supports long packet size up to 1536 bytes
• Supports Surge protection
• Support power redundant and wide range dual power input(DC12V ~ 48V)
• Supports Overload Current Protection
• Supports wide range operating temperature(-20°C ~ 70°C)
• Supports Reverse Polarity Protection
• Supports alarm contact (relay output - 1 A @ 24 VDC)
• Supports DIN-Rail mount installation
• Metal case design and compliant with IP30 standard
* Specifications are subject to change without prior notice
LAN Distance Extension