GST-802 10/100/1000Base-T to 1000-SX Managed Media Converter (SC,MM)
Planet GST-802 10/100/1000Base-T to 1000-SX Managed Media Converter (SC,MM)
To provide an easy use yet powerful solution for FTTX applications, Planet has released a new 10/100/1000Base-T to 1000Base-SX Smart Media Converter, GST-802, featuring plug & play and smart media conversion functions.
Distance Extension with High Performance and Steady Network Communication
PLANET GST-802 Smart Gigabit Media Converter series extends communication distance with highly Gigabit performance via multimode fibre optical cable. The GST-802 provides media conversion between 10/100/1000Base-T and 1000Base-SX Multimode Fibre Infrastructure up to 220m / 550m using an SC fibre Interface
Enhanced Smart Management Features
The GST-802 series provides auto MDI/MDI-X on its TP port and the DIP switch to configure the available smart functions including the auto-negotiation / force for fibre interface and Link Pass-through function (LLCF/LLR). The Link Loss Carry Forward (LLCF) function works with Link Loss Return (LLR) to diagnose network connections. Also, the LLR function can immediately alarm network administrator the media link issue and provide an efficient solution to monitoring the entire network.
The GST-802 series allows two segments to connect easily. The Smart Media Converter can be used as a standalone unit when powered by its DC adapter or used as a slide-in module to PLANET 19-inch managed 16-slot media converter chassis (MC-1610MR / MC-1610MR48). When working with the Managed media converter chassis, the GST-802 is able to be managed and its status can be monitored through the local RS-232 console and remote web interface.
- Complies with IEEE 802.3 10Base-T, IEEE 802.3u 100Base-TX, IEEE 802.3ab 1000Base-T, IEEE 802.3z 1000Base-SX/LX Ethernet Standard
- One 10/100/1000Base-T port with RJ-45 connector
- One 1000Base-SX port with SC connector supporting multi-mode fibre optic cable
- Auto-negotiation and Auto-MDI / MDI-X for 10/100/1000Base-T port
Layer 2 Features
- Back-pressure and IEEE 802.3x compliant flow control and full wire-speed forwarding rate
- 9K Jumbo Frame size supported
- Link Loss Return (LLR) switch on each fiber optic to aid in troubleshooting remote network connections
- Link Loss Carry Forward (LLCF) work with LLR in diagnosing network connections
- Provides DIP switch for fibre (Auto-negotiation / Manual) and LFP function (Disable / Enable) setting
- Manageable through Managed Media Converter Chassis System (MC-1600MR/MC-1610MR series)
- Bandwidth control / TS-1000 OAM / IEEE 802.3ah OAM / Loop Back Test function provided with MC-1610MR / MC-1610MR48 Managed Media Converter Chassis System
- Used as a stand-alone device or work with Managed Media Converter Chassis for up to 16 converter with redundant power supply for optional expansion use
- LED indicators for converter status
- EMI standards complies with FCC, CE class A
IEEE 802.3, 10Base-T
IEEE 802.3u, 100Base-TX
IEEE 802.3ab, 1000Base-T
IEEE 802.3z, 1000Base-SX/LX
IEEE 802.3ah OAM
1 x 10/100/1000Base-T port
1 x 1000Base-SX port
RJ-45 port (Auto-MDI/MDI-X) Twisted Pair
Launch Power(dBm) Max.
Launch Power(dBm) Min.
Maximum Input power
10/20Mbps for Half / Full-Duplex
100/200Mbps for Half / Full Duplex
2000Mbps for Full-Duplex
Speed Fiber-optic 2000Mbps for Full-Duplex
10Base-T: 2-pair UTP Cat. 3,4,5, up to 100m
100Base-TX: 2-pair UTP Cat. 5, up to 100m
1000Base-T: 4-pair STP Cat 5 up to 100m
Cable Fibre-optic Cable
50/125μm or 62.5/125μm multi-mode fibre cable up to 220/550m.
TP: 1000, LINK/ACT
Fibre (Auto-negotiation / Manual), LFP (Disable / Enable)
3.1 Watts / 10BTU (maximum)
TS-1000, IEEE 802.3ah terminal
Jumbo Frame size
DC 5V / 2A
Dimensions (W x D x H)
8.1 x 9.4 x 2.6 cm
Temperature: 0~50 degrees C; Humidity: 5~90% non-condensing
Temperature: -40~70 degrees C; Humidity: 5~90% non-condensing
FCC Class A, CE Class A
Fibre-Optic Networking for ISP, Enterprise, and Home
PLANET GST-802 provides advanced media conversion technology -- 10/100/1000Base-T and 1000Base-SX interfaces to fulfill different kinds of demands as the current network grows and expands. The GST-802 provides multimode fibre connectivity for different network applications. It is very flexible for the GST-802 to work as a standalone device or be installed in the central management media converter chassis for centralized management. When working with the management media converter chassis, the GST-802 is hot swappable to avoid network downtime. The GST-802 is the ideal solution to building a network solution of FTTH (Fibre to the Home) or FTTC (Fibre to the Curb), and FTTB (Fibre to the Building) for ISPs, campuses and enterprises.