PL-002 - Simulcharge USB 1-Port for Samsung Phones
Please Note: These videos, shown with the SimulCharge TL-002, also illustrate the functionality of the SimulCharge PL-002 for phones.
This intelligent adapter makes it possible to simultaneously operate your Samsung Note 2/3 & S2/S3/S4 phone in USB host mode and to charge it at the same time, a functionality not supported by standard USB host mode (USB OTG mode) adapters.
With a Samsung USB Charger applied to the PL002, the phone is placed in SimulCharge mode and any attached USB accessory draws power from the external supply. In this state the phone is being charged by the external supply.
With no power applied to the PL-002, the module simply acts as a Micro USB-B to USB-A OTG Host adapter. Any USB accessory plugged into the phone draws power from the phone battery.
This adapter is designed for robust operation, with more advanced Accessory Charging Adapter (ACA) mode switching
- Simultaneous USB host mode and charging for Samsung phones
- Designed for (see compatibility list for all supported devices)
- Works with out-of-the-box (unrooted) phones to ensure compliance with Samsung warranty requirements
- 1 x USB port
- Micro USB B to Micro USB B cable from adapter to phone (8″/20 cm)
- flash drives
- magstripe readers
- 2D scanner
- biometric readers
- Ethernet adapter (needs tablet firmware support)
- or other devices that operate with USB host mode support.
- Samsung phones (see compatibility list for all supported devices)
- USB DCP (Dedicated Charging Port) Power Supply [REQUIRED] Note: The power supply provided with the supported phones will work.
- 1 x USB A port (for USB device connection)
- 1 x Micro USB B port (for power input)
- 1 x Micro USB B port (for phone connection)
- 1 x 5-pin Micro USB B to Micro USB B cable (8″ / 20 cm)
- Shipping weight: 5.65 oz 160 g; 7.06 oz 200 g (with cable)